Last updated May 2018
Threat Protect Limited (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy and any other documents referred to on it sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting http://www.threatprotect.com or using our services you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), the data controller is Threat Protect Limited.
Company Registration No. 11157802
Incorporated in England and Wales.
· What information we collect and how we collect it
· How we use that information
· How we share that information
· Legal basis we have for processing your personal data
· How we secure and store the information
· How long we store the information
· Your rights
· Changes to the policy
· How to contact us
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together follows:
· Identity Data includes first name, last name, username or similar identifier and title.
· Contact Data includes billing address, email address and telephone numbers.
· Financial Data includes bank account details for the purpose of paying for products or services.
· Transaction Data includes details about payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased from us or we have purchased from you.
· Interaction Data includes events, webinars, social media functions you registered or attended, emails or communication regarding the services, products or support purchased or subscribe to,
· Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
· Profile Data includes your username and password, purchases or orders made by you, feedback and survey responses.
· Usage Data includes information about how you use our website, products and services.
· Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
Special Categories of Personal Data. We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
HOW WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Information you give us. This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our site http://www.threatprotect.com (our site) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you register to use our site, request a demo, subscribe to our service, purchase a product or service, participate in events, webinars or social media functions and when you report a problem with our service. The information you give us may include your name, job title, company you work for, e-mail address and phone number. In some cases we may ask you to provide additional professional information such as the size of the company you work for and the industry type.
Information we receive from other sources. We are working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, lead-sourcing companies, and analytics providers), all of which may provide information about you. To enhance and/or update the information that you have provided to us, we may combine it with professional information or personal data that we collect from third party sources. We typically combine all your personal data into one user record.
Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site using cookies we will automatically collect the following information:
· technical information, including the IP-address from where you are connecting to our site, your login information, browser type and version, and operating system; and
· information about your visit, including the full URLs, clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), widgets, tools and functionality you use, errors you may experience, page response times, length of visits to certain pages, and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
HOW DO WE USE THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us. We will use this information:
· to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
· to provide you with information about other products and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
· to notify you about changes to our service;
· to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you.
Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
· to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
· to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
· to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
· as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
· to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
· to make you aware of, and make suggestions and recommendations to you and others, about products or services that we offer, and which may interest you or them;
Information we receive from other sources. We will combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
LEGAL BASIS WE HAVE FOR PROCESSING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
The GDPR requires data collectors to have a legal basis to use the personal data of EU residents. Therefore, this section shall apply to any such personal data collected by Threat Protect.
Threat Protect uses the personal data that you provide to supply you with high-quality products, content and services as you request, to send important notices, and for internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis, and research to provide you with the information you need to make the most informed purchasing decisions.
We may also use your personal data to offer you products, content or services that may be of interest to you, based upon your interests or the preferences you shared with us, and may share your personal data with third party sponsors of content, events, and other services or offers.
The legal basis for processing your personal data is your consent. In certain circumstances we may otherwise process your personal data if Threat Protect has a legitimate interest in doing so and Threat Protect is not infringing any of your rights and freedoms.
When Threat Protect processes your personal data for Threat Protect’s legitimate interests, Threat Protect will consider and balance any potential impact on you and your rights under data protection and any other relevant law. Our legitimate business interests do not override your interests. Threat Protect will not use your personal data in circumstances where your rights and freedoms override our legitimate interests, unless we have your consent or are otherwise required or permitted to by law.
WHEN AND HOW DO WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
We will not sell or hire individual information to third parties without your consent.
We may disclose or transfer personal information that we collect or which you provide to us as follows;
· to the extent such disclosure/transfer is required by law or in connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings;
· to establish/exercise/defend our legal rights (including in order to prevent fraud and reduce credit risk).
WHERE WE STORE AND SECURE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (”EEA”). We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access. You are responsible for keeping your password and other login details confidential.
HOW LONG DO WE STORE YOUR INFORMATION
We retain your personal data for the duration of your business relationship with us, and we hold your information only as long as necessary for each purpose we use it, unless we have obtained your consent to use for another or similar purpose.
This section shall apply to any personal data collected by Threat Protect from EU residents.
Access, update or correct. To confirm that Threat Protect is processing your personal data, or to access, update or correct the personal data Threat Protect holds about you, or to obtain a copy to reuse for your own purposes, please send an email to: email@example.com
Erase, prevent or Opt-Out. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can opt-out of marketing communications at any time by visiting our preference page. If you want to have your personal data erased or to otherwise restrict Threat Protect processing your personal data please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.